Tag Archives: horseracing levy
- British bookies face racing sponsorship ban unless they contribute to Levy
October 20, 2015
UK's two biggest racecourse groups join British Horseracing Authority's push for sponsorship ban for bookies who don't contribute to Levy.
- UK budget features pledge to introduce ‘Horserace Betting Right’
March 18, 2015
The UK's 2015 budget proposal includes a new Horserace Betting Right that would apply to all bookmakers taking wagers on UK racing.
- UK gov’t proposes new Horserace Betting Authorization to replace betting Levy
December 3, 2014
UK government's autumn statement includes plan to consult on new Horserace Betting Authorization to replace annual Levy scheme.
- UK Labour party seeks to extend horse betting levy to all sports bets
July 24, 2014
Labour party proposes extending horse betting levy to all sports as well as forcing Premier League clubs to pay 5% levy on broadcast rights.
- UK racing and bookies agree on new Levy deal ahead of schedule
October 24, 2012
UK bookmakers reach deal with racing over funding of 2013/14 Horseracing Levy that could see prize money hit record levels.
- Levy debate goes live
January 20, 2011
You're currently able to view the horse race levy debate live on the Parliament website
BRIEFLY: Unibet and Jadestone; William Hill launches campaign
January 18, 2011