Tag Archives: Horse Racing Ireland
- Horse Racing Ireland push for betting tax hikes; punter will pay
August 8, 2017
Horse Racing Ireland is proposing that the Minister of Finance increase betting tax from 1% to 2.5%, and exchange commissions from 15% to 37.5% and more
- UK gov’t confirms new 10% race betting levy
January 14, 2017
The UK government confirms that all bookmakers will be required to kick back 10% of race betting revenue to racing effective April 2017.
- Irish racing struggles in H1, but much of its troubles are self-made
July 18, 2012
Horse Racing Ireland figures from the first six months of 2012 show a struggling industry, but some of its wounds are self-inflicted.
- Tote bidders final field set; HRI CEO earns big bonuses
December 15, 2010
With all the bidders for the UK Tote now having declared their intentions, The Independent rates the field's chances of success.
- Accountants KPMG tell Irish bookies to stop using their data
November 17, 2010
Accountants KPMG tell Irish Bookmakers Association to stop using its data to smear Horse Racing Ireland over the contentious levy issue.
- Irish racing and government in dire straits
March 7, 2010
Horse Racing Ireland is asking for handouts from the bookmakers, who are threatening to emigrate as the government looks to increase betting tax
Paddypower: Making Mischief Work
August 23, 2013
Paddy Power under fire over ‘always bet on black’ tweet
August 25, 2017