Tag Archives: Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs
- Ladbrokes loses £71m court fight with UK taxman
February 27, 2017
UK tax tribunal orders Ladbrokes to pay Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs £71m over a tax avoidance scheme cooked up by Deloitte.
- Sportech finally prevails in £97m, seven-year fight with UK taxman
December 9, 2016
After eight years, Sportech declares victory in its £97m VAT fight with UK taxman; could be in line for twice that sum if court grants compound interest.
- UK online gambling operators catch a break on freeplay tax
December 7, 2016
The UK taxman cuts online gambling operators a break by deciding to apply the new tax on casino and bingo free plays to "the first use of freeplays only.”
- UK taxman rejects Ladbrokes’ bid to claim £54m in phantom losses
December 3, 2015
Ladbrokes loses bid to exploit loophole in UK tax law to claim £54m in phantom losses generated by related company transactions.
- The HMRC Open the Online Gambling Tax Duty Floodgates
November 6, 2014
HMRC opened the POCT floodgates, by announcing an online registration service for all gambling entities willing to do business in the UK.
- Sportech told to repay £93m to UK taxman; Stan James refutes sale talk
September 17, 2014
Sportech told to repay £93m to UK taxman, shares plummet; Stan James clarifies reports of Gibraltar layoffs, says no 'for sale' sign out.