Tag Archives: Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs
- UK taxman relies on lotteries, online casino to keep coffers full
1 November 2019
Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs has successfully offset its lower tax take from fixed-odds betting terminals through higher online casino taxes.
- Ladbrokes loses £71m court fight with UK taxman
27 February 2017
UK tax tribunal orders Ladbrokes to pay Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs £71m over a tax avoidance scheme cooked up by Deloitte.
- Sportech finally prevails in £97m, seven-year fight with UK taxman
9 December 2016
After eight years, Sportech declares victory in its £97m VAT fight with UK taxman; could be in line for twice that sum if court grants compound interest.
- UK online gambling operators catch a break on freeplay tax
7 December 2016
The UK taxman cuts online gambling operators a break by deciding to apply the new tax on casino and bingo free plays to "the first use of freeplays only.”
- UK taxman rejects Ladbrokes’ bid to claim £54m in phantom losses
3 December 2015
Ladbrokes loses bid to exploit loophole in UK tax law to claim £54m in phantom losses generated by related company transactions.
- The HMRC Open the Online Gambling Tax Duty Floodgates
6 November 2014
HMRC opened the POCT floodgates, by announcing an online registration service for all gambling entities willing to do business in the UK.
Fedor Holz On Why His Future Will be Away From Poker
18 July 2016