Tag Archives: Gov. Rick Scott
- Legal duel over player-banked games starts in Florida
June 1, 2016
Miami gambling regulators are now at loggerheads with a pari-mutuel operator over the legality of “player-banked card games".
- Substitute bill could pave way for Seminole compact, expanded gambling across Florida
February 29, 2016
A 122-page measure could be the key that the Seminole tribe’s $3.1 billion gaming compact to finally move ahead in the Florida Legislature.
- Seminole compact inches forward in Florida Senate
February 18, 2016
Gov. Rick Scott’s $3.1 billion gaming compact with the Seminole tribe is finally moving ahead in the Florida Senate.
- Cue the high-stakes debates: Florida Legislature rolls out gambling bills
February 8, 2016
State House and Senate members have rolled gambling proposals that could, among other things.
- Florida guv, Seminoles pimp $1.8b resort expansion as reward for okaying compact
February 2, 2016
Florida's Seminole Tribe vows to embark on $1.8b expansion of Hollywood and Tampa properties if state legislators approve gaming compact.
- Florida lawmaker wants to create state gambling commission
December 23, 2015
The $3 billion compact with the Seminole Tribe has prompted a senator in Florida to call for the formation of a state gambling commish.
Bitcoin.Casino domain acquired in $28K record sale
February 27, 2017
Cyborgs unite: Bio implants paving the way for bitcoin payments
September 14, 2016
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016
Florida Senate supports renewed gaming compact with Seminoles
February 12, 2018