Tag Archives: Goa
- Bombay High Court wants an explanation from Goa on casino service fees
September 11, 2018
The Bombay High Court is demanding that the Goa tax department justify why the service fees were introduced.
- Union Gaming: High-quality IRs to put India on the gaming map
August 6, 2018
Goa is poised to become one of Asia gambling industry’s crown jewels under a new regulation that will bring an end to floating casinos.
- Goa’s chief minister flip-flops on need for gambling act rewrite
July 5, 2018
Goa's chief minister now says there's no need to amend the state's gambling legislation to impose the desired changes on the local casino industry.
- India probes Goa’s 10 biggest casinos for tax evasion
June 8, 2018
Goa government is demanding the erring casinos to pay the service taxes on their license fees.
- Goa’s floating casinos no place for a street fighting man (or woman)
May 22, 2018
Goa's newest floating casino, the Big Daddy (Maharaja) Casino, under fire for causing traffic jams on jetty and fight between security and guests.
- Goa’s largest land-based casino catches break from high court
May 11, 2018
Court allows Casino Strikes, the largest land-based casino in the Indian state of Goa, to reopen after gov't shut it down for failing to pay license fee.
Goa casino operators face stiff fee hikes next month
March 28, 2018
PokerStars set to launch poker site in India
March 16, 2018
Goa’s beached floating casino finally ready to be rescued
October 13, 2017
Goa’s newest floating casino runs aground on local beach
July 16, 2017