Tag Archives: glaws.in
- Petition to see poker as game of skill in India withdrawn
November 2, 2018
Karan Mutha who filed a petition with the Delhi High Court to recognize poker as a game of skill had faced punishment for participating in the poker game.
- No deal on lottery tax exemptions, Calcutta High Court says
October 25, 2018
The Calcutta High Court has shot down an attempt who argued that lotteries should be exempt from the Goods and Service Tax, according to reports.
- Goa Lions out of Match IPL’s season 3
October 17, 2018
According to a GLaws exclusive report, the Goa Lions won’t be participating in the upcoming Season 3 of the Match Indian Poker League (Match IPL).
- High court ruling may pave way for legal fantasy sports betting in India
March 14, 2018
India’s top court has, in a roundabout way, signaled its acceptance of online fantasy sports betting in the country.
- In defence of the Digital India lucky draws
December 21, 2016
In The New Indian Express opinion piece, Vidushpat states that the lucky draw schemes introduced by the NPCI at the behest of NITI Aayog and more