Tag Archives: Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association
- Gibraltar’s challenge of UK online gambling tax hits EU speed bump
June 13, 2017
The Court of Justice for the European Union rejects Gibraltar's claim that UK's online gambling rules represent illegal extraterritorial taxation.
- CJEU’s Advocate General defends UK gambling law
January 19, 2017
Advocate General of the Court of Justice for the European Union deals blow to Gibraltar's challenge of UK's online gambling rules.
- EU court takes up Gibraltar’s UK point-of-consumption tax battle
October 6, 2016
The GBGA is restarting its bid to overturn UK’s point-of-consumption tax (POCT) at the European Union’s top court.
- Gibraltar government downplays Brexit impact on online gambling operators
July 4, 2016
Gibraltar's minister for gaming claims it's "business as usual" for online gambling operators despite Britain's vote to leave the EU.
- UK’s online gambling point-of-consumption tax referred to EU’s top court
July 14, 2015
Gibraltar gaming body celebrates as UK's High Court sends UK online gambling point-of-consumption tax to European Union's top court.
- Isle of Man helps online gambling licensees cope with UK point of consumption tax
December 20, 2014
Isle of Man offers online gambling licensees a tax break to offset UK's point of consumption tax; Gibraltar not done with POCT challenge.
New Zealand online gambling point of consumption tax looms
March 23, 2017
Australian online bookies face new taxes, bonus restrictions
September 8, 2017
Betfair Australasia begs Aussie states for tax relief
February 24, 2018