Tag Archives: Gaming
- Macau continues to rake in gaming tax revenue
March 15, 2019
Macau saw its tax revenue from gaming increase by almost 14% last year over the previous year’s take and this upward trend has continued as 2019 has gotten underway.
- Gaming wages in Macau outpaced inflation through December
March 8, 2019
The average earnings for full-time gaming employees, excluding bonuses, through the end of December were 3.5% higher year-on-year.
- Gaming regulators in Malta and Sweden team up
March 7, 2019
Malta’s gaming regulator, the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), has joined forces with its Swedish counterpart, the Spelinspektionen.
- China wants Macau to provide better oversight of gambling industry
China is expecting Macau to take a larger stance in helping to ensure regulations for the gaming industry are enforced.
- SJM sees 2018 profit skyrocket by 45%
March 1, 2019
SJM Holdings Ltd. is flying like an eagle. Its profits soared last year, climbing 45.2% year-on-year and reaching $363.1 million.
- Galaxy Entertainment profits increase thanks to gaming ops
Galaxy Entertainment Corp. released its latest financial report in a filing with the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, and the gaming company is staying strong.
Galaxy’s Boracay casino to push through, chairman says
August 28, 2018