Tag Archives: gambling business
- Bitcoin Security Failing Found in Android Devices; NY Regulators Issue Subpoenas to Major Bitcoin Players and Will The Bitcoin Be the Tax Haven of the Future?
August 13, 2013
Bitcoin enthusiasts, and aficionados, are today learning that Bitcoin wallets on Android are vulnerable to theft, because of an issue with a component that generates secure random numbers (I can hear the sigh of, ‘why can’t we just own something that works,’ a million miles away). It’s believed that the...
- Ballys Strike a Deal With William Hill Who Strike a Deal With Microgaming
August 2, 2013
It was always going to be a head scratcher for the developers at Bally Technologies. What route to market would the world’s oldest supplier of slot machines take to transfer their amazing brick and mortar product, to the online, mobile and social media outlets? In the past fortnight, we have...
- Is the Future of the UK FOBTs At Stake in the Newham Council v Paddy Power Debate?
June 14, 2013
The former Treasury minister and Labour MP for East Ham, Stephen Timms, has taken to the stands at Thames magistrate court to give evidence in the case between Paddy Power and Newham Council; and it’s not good news for the Irish funsters. “The proliferation of these shops and these very...
- Marc Lasry turns down Pres. Obama’s appointment over alleged ties to poker ring
April 29, 2013
Marc Lasry, the founder of investment firm Avenue Capital in New York and the supposed-to-be next ambassador of the US to France has withdrawn his name from consideration because of ties to an alleged Russian mob-run poker ring, sources told the New York Post. According to the Post, the Wall...
- Investing the Hard Way: Short-Term Boost of DOJ Opinion Fading for US Gaming Stocks, As Market Lowers Expectations
January 9, 2012
I would like to take a moment to introduce a new weekly column on CalvinAyre.com. The Martin Report with Vince Martin (read Vince’s Bio) will look at gambling stocks, what’s good, what’s bad, where the real value lies and what’s just fool’s gold. If you want to see a new...
- Online Gambling Biz Market Expansion
November 28, 2009
The Online Gambling business is constantly looking for new fresh markets to tap into. The French market provides a potential market share for GameAccount, a gaming company looking to expand and willing to provide culturally applicable games… Read more.