Tag Archives: foreign corrupt practices act
- Las Vegas Sands pay $7m to end DOJ’s China bribery probe
January 20, 2017
Las Vegas Sands reach non-prosecution agreement with the US Department of Justice regarding Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations in China and Macau.
- Las Vegas Sands pays $9m to end SEC probe of payments to Chinese consultant
April 7, 2016
Las Vegas Sands pays $9m to end Securities and Exchange Commission probe of company's violations of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in China.
- Steve Wynn sues hedge fund founder over bribery claims
September 27, 2014
Wynn Resorts sue hedge funder James Chanos for falsely claiming that Wynn had violated the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Penn National exec: US firms “hampered” by Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
November 10, 2013
Penn National Gaming chairman Peter Carlino says the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act is hurting US casino companies' Asian prospects.
- Department of Justice intervenes in Okada v. Wynn civil suit
April 10, 2013
US Department of Justice intervenes in civil suit between Kazuo Okada and Wynn Resorts so it doesn't interfere with criminal investigation.
- Jacobs accuses LVS’ Adelson of ordering him to threaten Macau’s top official
March 13, 2013
Former Sands China CEO Steve Jacobs claims Las Vegas Sands boss Sheldon Adelson ordered him to threaten Macau's top official.
Macau units lift Wynn Resorts Q2 net revenues
July 26, 2017
Stephen Hung abandons floundering Macau hotel project
January 31, 2018
Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
January 21, 2018
Hong Kong, Macau now joined by ‘bridge of death’
April 2, 2018
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014