Tag Archives: Fixed Odds Betting Terminals
- Ladbrokes warns of sponsorship cuts ahead of possible FOBT changes
6 March 2018
A slash in sponsorship budget is in the offing for Ladbrokes Coral if the UK government ultimately decides to reduce the FOBT wagering levels.
- UK racing urges gov’t to rethink drastic FOBT stake cut
23 January 2018
The British Horseracing Authority joins the chorus of voices urging the government not to cut maximum stakes on fixed-odds betting terminals to £2.
- UK media: gov’t to slash FOBT maximum stake to just £2
21 January 2018
UK media report that new DCMS secretary plans to cut maximum stake on fixed-odds betting terminals from current £100 to just £2.
- Northern Ireland bookie arrested for suspected FOBT violation
23 November 2017
A bookmaker in Northern Ireland is facing possible charges
- A lower maximum at FOBT terminals will not stop gambling addiction
7 November 2017
The United Kingdom is now planning to cut the maximum bet from £100 to something between £2 and £50. The exact maximum will be decided in 12 weeks.
- UK gov’t gambling industry review kicks can down road
31 October 2017
Despite having three years to craft a new policy, the UK government's triennial review of the gambling industry announces new three-month consultation.
UK media has problem with UK problem gambling stats
25 August 2017