Tag Archives: Fixed Odds Betting Terminals
- UK to hike Remote Gaming Duty before slashing FOBT stakes
15 June 2018
The UK government will reportedly hike its Remote Gaming Duty by April 2019, while cuts to fixed-odds betting terminal stakes won't happen until 2020.
- UK slashes FOBT max stake to £2, to hike Remote Gaming Duty
17 May 2018
the British government announced the approval of the reduction of fixed-odds betting terminals (FOBTs) stakes limit from £100 ($135.08) to £2 ($2.69).
- Layoff looms at Betfred amid FOBT stake reduction plans
16 May 2018
Betfred are bracing for the possible impact of UK’s policy on fixed-odds betting terminals (FOBTs), which is expected to be announced this week.
- FOBT reforms will be the end of William Hill—Devlin
15 May 2018
Roger Devlin, chairman of William Hill painted a bleak future for UK’s biggest independent bookmaker should the country proceed with its new betting rules.
- Hammond takes ‘expert’ advice to slash FOBT stake to £2: report
24 April 2018
Chancellor Philip Hammond has accepted "expert recommendation" that FOBT stakes should be slashed to £2, according to reports.
- UK gambling regulator backpedals on £2 FOBT stake limit
19 March 2018
The UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) will no longer back a £2 limit on fixed-odd betting terminals (FOBTs) wagering levels. At least, not explicitly.
SBOBET exiting UK market while 12Bet pulls sportsbook, leaves casino
5 September 2014
1xBet shuts UK site following Sunday Times investigation
12 August 2019