Tag Archives: first sro
- Russia to abolish bookmaker self-regulatory organizations
December 4, 2018
Russia's Ministry of Finance reportedly working on legislation that would abolish Russian bookmakers' self-regulatory organizations.
- Russia’s censors the hardest working folks in online gambling
September 7, 2018
Russia's telecom watchdog has blocked over 76k unauthorized online gambling domains in 2018, 269% more than it blocked in all of 2017.
- Russia’s online bookmakers brace for 50% World Cup betting surge
June 12, 2018
Russian-licensed bookmakers expect 50% surge in activity during 2018 FIFA World Cup but also want government to do even more to improve their chances.
- Russian chamber of commerce welcomes bookies; gov’t admits domain-blocking failure
October 24, 2017
Russia's chamber of commerce forms new bookmaker subcommittee to address betting-related issues; Communications Minister says domain-blocking doesn't work.
- 888.ru sports betting site launches in Russia; new online lottery restrictions?
June 16, 2016
Launch of 888.ru -- no relation to 888 Holdings -- gives Russia two licensed online betting operators, while online lotteries face curbs.
- Russia’s bookmakers struggling to adapt to new online licensing, payment regime
March 23, 2016
Russia's bookmakers struggle to adapt to government's new online sports betting licensing, payments and advertising regimes.
Russia to restrict Bitcoin sales to “qualified investors”
August 28, 2017
Cyborgs unite: Bio implants paving the way for bitcoin payments
September 14, 2016
Tigre de Cristal plans black-tie shindig for second anniversary
October 4, 2017