Tag Archives: Finland
- Survey: Finns getting sick of Veikkaus monopoly
April 12, 2019
According to a recent survey, many Finns think its time to get rid of Veikkaus and set up a licensing system for new operators.
- Veikkaus to shake up Finnish gambling scene with up to $9M venture
April 9, 2019
The state gambling operator wants to invest between $4.5-$9 million in the digital gambling arena to compete with the offshore operators.
- Finland has a worsening gambling problem
March 28, 2019
Despite the country's effort to curb gambling addictions, the survey tells a different story, showing it has become more severe.
- Finland’s Paf celebrates reduced reliance on high-roller revenue
March 19, 2019
Finland's Paf releases annual player stats for the past two years, showing its new annual loss limits are reducing its reliance on high-volume gamblers.
- Finland’s Veikkaus gambling monopoly cutting 400 jobs
January 21, 2019
Finland's state-run gambling monopoly Veikkaus announces plans to trim workforce by around 400 staff, close its restaurant gambling division.
- Finnish teen that scammed Malta gambling site sentenced
September 3, 2018
The 16-year-old Finnish teen who scammed a six-figure sum from a Malta-based gambling site gets 20-month suspended sentence for aggravated fraud.
Why Malta is a Sure Bet for iGaming Companies
October 9, 2014
Malta suspends Mafia-linked Phoenix online gambling license
February 2, 2018
Finnish teen, parents stole €250k from Malta online casino
August 21, 2018
Finland’s slots jockeys will have to authenticate their identity
December 28, 2017
Malta Gaming Authority ‘sandbox test’ of cryptocurrency impact
September 27, 2017