Tag Archives: Exchange betting
- Betfair goes full Grinch, exits Canada
December 24, 2015
Just in time for Christmas, betting exchange Betfair announces it will block customers from Canada effective Jan. 14, 2016.
- Betfair celebrates as New Jersey issues America’s first exchange wagering license
November 21, 2015
New Jersey becomes first state to issue exchange wagering licenses to Betfair US and Darby Development, which runs Monmouth Park racetrack.
- Spain issues 10 new online licenses, authorizes slots and exchange betting
June 2, 2015
Spain hands out 10 new online gambling licenses while authorizing slots and exchange betting for firs time since regulated market launched.
- World Bet Exchange closes, citing burdensome UK regulatory changes
March 17, 2015
Online exchange bettors World Bet Exchange (WBX) shut down, citing increased cost of doing business from UK point-of-consumption tax.
- Exchanges behaving badly: Betfair’s illegal dividends, Ladbrokes misleading promo
August 3, 2014
Betfair insists no effect on shareholders from 'illegal' dividends issued over past three years; Ladbrokes Exchange ad spanked by ASA.
- Matchbook latest gambling site to exit Canada for vaguely defined reasons
July 23, 2014
Online betting exchange Matchbook announces exit from Canadian market, cites 'commercial reasons' as justification.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
Law panel leans towards regulating gambling in India
March 20, 2017
Nevada legalizes Parimutuel Betting on eSports
October 17, 2017