Tag Archives: European Court of Justice
- EU court affirms online gambling guidelines
February 20, 2018
CJEU has thrown out a petition from the government of Belgium seeking to annul the online gambling guidelines set by the European Commission.
- EU top court slams Hungary’s restrictive online gambling laws
June 22, 2017
European Union's top court says Hungary can't punish online gambling operators because its restrictive gambling laws are incompatible with EU trade rules.
- Gibraltar’s challenge of UK online gambling tax hits EU speed bump
June 13, 2017
The Court of Justice for the European Union rejects Gibraltar's claim that UK's online gambling rules represent illegal extraterritorial taxation.
- CJEU’s Advocate General defends UK gambling law
January 19, 2017
Advocate General of the Court of Justice for the European Union deals blow to Gibraltar's challenge of UK's online gambling rules.
- European Union’s top court says Germany can’t punish online betting operators
February 4, 2016
European Union's top court says Germany can't penalize online betting sites it considers to be operating without a license.
- Bitcoin wins: Top EU court exempts digital currency from VAT
October 23, 2015
The ECJ has declared the exchange of bitcoin & other digital currencies should be treated like traditional money, & thus exempted from VAT.
When we say Bitcoin, we mean Bitcoin Cash
October 17, 2017
Roger Ver bets $1M that Bitcoin Cash will not be ‘short-lived’
September 22, 2017
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017