Tag Archives: Department of Justice
- Pennsylvania’s online gambling stats; DOJ appeals Wire Act ruling
August 16, 2019
Pennsylvania releases its first online gambling revenue numbers; US Department of Justice challenges federal court ruling on scope of Wire Act.
- DOJ comes close to losing funding over its Wire Act act
June 21, 2019
The shenanigans of the Department of Justice over the Federal Wire Act of 1961 has wreaked havoc on the online gambling industry.
- DOJ delays expanded Wire Act opinion enforcement to 2020
June 13, 2019
US Department of Justice extends the 'grace period' for enforcing its new expanded opinion of the Wire Act to December 31, 2019.
- Federal judge strikes down DOJ’s new opinion on scope of Wire Act
June 4, 2019
Federal judge rejects US Department of Justice's opinion that the 1961 Wire Act applies to nearly all forms of online gambling, not just sports betting.
- Ohio, Nevada look to avoid a confrontation with DOJ
May 22, 2019
Both Ohio and Nevada are rewriting their respective legislation to change how online gambling is worded in hopes that this could stave off any DOJ attack.
- New Jersey AG sues DOJ over possible Adelson-Wire Act links
May 7, 2019
New Jersey's Attorney General sues the US Department of Justice for defying request for documents relating to latest Wire Act opinion.
Charges dropped against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and friends
July 14, 2017
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014
Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
January 21, 2018