Tag Archives: Department of Justice
- Poker Players warning: don’t carry cash or the cops will nab it
June 14, 2018
A federal policy, allowing state and local police to take cash and property from people suspected of a crime, without a warrant or a criminal charge.
- Maine’s biggest ever illegal bookmaker cops a plea
May 25, 2018
Stephen Mardigan, who ran what the authorities call the largest illegal betting operation ever conducted in the state of Maine, cops a plea.
- Credit union CEO blew $3.55m in stolen funds on lottery tickets
May 8, 2018
The CEO of New York's oldest credit union is accused of stealing millions of dollars then blowing at least $3.5m on New York State Lottery tickets.
- Online gambling opponents in US put the squeeze on advertising
April 4, 2018
Several lawmakers in the US are pushing for changes in how online gambling is advertised on websites, complaining that the ads are targeting the youth.
- The USDJ and Guernsey share $25.4m of Ray Bitar’s money
December 12, 2017
The USDJ has revealed a partnership with officials on the island of Guernsey that has led to them receiving a 50/50 split of $25.4m put in a Guernsey bank.
- Nevada casinos set sportsbook record, seek marijuana clarity
November 30, 2017
Nevada casinos report flat gaming revenue following mass shooting on Vegas Strip; casinos seek clarity on relationships with legal marijuana industry.
Charges dropped against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and friends
July 14, 2017
Nevada casinos see profit surge, first female gaming board chair
January 15, 2018