Tag Archives: Department of Justice
- The Mouthpiece: Calling DOJ’s bluff on Internet gambling
April 18, 2019
The DOJ is at it again, but this time it's not even déjà vu. The weight of the law is more heavily against the everything-is-illegal approach than before.
- US DOJ crosses fingers, claims Wire Act doesn’t impact lotteries
April 9, 2019
The US Department of Justice tries to claim that its new opinion on the scope of the Wire Act doesn't negatively impact state lotteries.
- The Mouthpiece: Digging up the truth on internet gambling law
April 1, 2019
Online gambling's legal status has no connection to a reasonable policy or even shared basis of fact. So what drives online gaming to be legalized (or not)?
- US DOJ unlikely to reverse its opinion on the Wire Act
March 25, 2019
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has filed a memorandum in a request to dismiss New Hampshire's wire act lawsuit.
- Lawsuit against DOJ over Wire Act gains more traction
March 11, 2019
The controvesial news about U.S. Federal Wire Act and the DOJ haven't backpedaled yet and it's about to be blown off in spectacular fashion.
- Dept. of Justice delays Wire Act enforcement until mid-June
March 2, 2019
The US Department of Justice confirms that it's extending the deadline for enforcing its new Wire Act opinion by another 60 days until mid-June.
Charges dropped against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and friends
July 14, 2017
Pennsylvania becomes fourth US state to approve online gambling
October 26, 2017
Mohegan Sun Pocono fined $1m; PA’s satellite casinos a hard sell
December 14, 2017