Tag Archives: Department of Justice
- The USDJ and Guernsey share $25.4m of Ray Bitar’s money
December 12, 2017
The USDJ has revealed a partnership with officials on the island of Guernsey that has led to them receiving a 50/50 split of $25.4m put in a Guernsey bank.
- Nevada casinos set sportsbook record, seek marijuana clarity
November 30, 2017
Nevada casinos report flat gaming revenue following mass shooting on Vegas Strip; casinos seek clarity on relationships with legal marijuana industry.
- Philippine DOJ clears junket operators in Bangladeshi bank heist
September 8, 2017
The Philippine DOJ has affirmed the dismissal of a criminal case filed against two junket operators earlier tagged in last year’s Bangladeshi bank heist.
- Charges dropped against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and friends
July 14, 2017
A US District Judge approves a settlement that dismisses federal charges filed in 2012 against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and three other individuals.
- Democratic senator joins federal online gambling witch hunt
July 12, 2017
US Senator Mark Warner (D-VA) urges Attorney General Jeff Sessions to make good on his vow/threat to roll back intrastate online gambling efforts.
- DOJ busts Russian crime ring that hacked AC, Philly casino slots
June 8, 2017
Department of Justice arrests 33 individuals -- including Russian 'godfather' -- accused of hacking slot machines in Atlantic City and Philadelphia casinos.
Charges dropped against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and friends
July 14, 2017
Russian betting industry icon Oleg Zhuravsky dies suddenly
March 17, 2017