Tag Archives: DCMS
- UK gambling operators face new fee structure in 2017
December 22, 2016
UK Gambling Commission outlines new fee structure for licensees, with most operators seeing reductions, although select few face hikes as high as 140%.
- UK government launches review of FOBTs, gambling advertising
October 24, 2016
The UK government finally launches long-rumored review of bookmakers' fixed-odds betting terminals and TV gambling advertising.
- UK Lottery System to Face Overhaul; Online Scratchcard Players Given Illegal Lottery Warning
September 16, 2015
The DCMS has given the UKGC permission to advise the government on the way forward with a revised policy for UK lotteries.
- Betfred Get Tote Rebate For Early Payment
March 14, 2014
Betfred get Tote rebate of £32m after an early payment clause allowed them to reduce the original bill of £265m to £233m.
- UK point-of-consumption tax scrutinized; bookies push back against anti-FOBT campaign
February 14, 2013
The UK's proposed online gambling regulatory and tax changes subjected to further scrutiny; UK bookies push back against anti-FOBT campaign
- UK publishes draft gambling act revisions for wary industry to contemplate
December 3, 2012
The UK releases draft version of revisions to Gambling Act 2005, including point of consumption tax and requirement to hold UK license
New Zealand online gambling point of consumption tax looms
March 23, 2017
Australian online bookies face new taxes, bonus restrictions
September 8, 2017
Betfair Australasia begs Aussie states for tax relief
February 24, 2018