Tag Archives: david peters
- The WSOP ‘Calling The Clock’ rule change: A view from the rail
May 12, 2017
The World Series of Poker changes the rules for Calling The Clock, and Lee Davy reaches out to the best players in the business to seek opinion while also chiming in with one of his own. I know we all want to be Eckhart Tolle, wandering slowly through nature noticing...
- David Peters replaces Fedor Holz as the new GPI World #1 as the GPI roll out new scoring algorithm across the board
January 12, 2017
David Peters replaces Fedor Holz at the top of the Global Poker Index World Rankings ending the German's record 30-week streak, and the ranking authority rolls out new algorithm change across the board. The accuracy of algorithms behind poker ranking systems is a debate that often lights a fire under...
- David Peters eclipses Fedor Holz to win the GPI & CardPlayer player of the year awards
January 3, 2017
David Peters wins both the Global Poker Index and CardPlayer Player of the Year awards, eclipsing the impressive German, Fedor Holz. I'm not the man who ends up elbow deep in algorithms searching for the missing link in poker's Player of the Year (POY) races, and I guess that's why...
- 3-Barrels: Stu Ungar Documentary; Hallaert 888 Deal; Peters All Smiles
October 26, 2016
3-Barrels of pure value including a brilliant documentary on the life and times of Stu Ungar from the crew at PokerListings, Kenny Hallaert set to wear the 888Poker patch at the World Series of Poker Main Event Final Table, and David Peters wins the Sunday Million. Who is the greatest...
- WSOP Review: Player Who Doesn’t Like Poker Wins Bracelet; Peters Finally Bags One; Tragedy Strikes
July 7, 2016
In today's World Series of Poker round-up, we bring you news of a bracelet win for a professional poker player who ‘doesn't like the game that much,' David Peters wins at the 39th time of trying, and tragedy strikes as young poker player dies. When you are as good as David...
- $500,000 Super High Roller Bowl: David Peters Leads After Day 1
July 6, 2015
Lee Davy provides an update on the biggest buy-in event of the year: the $500,000 Super High Roller Bowl at the Aria Resort & Casino, as Day 1 comes to a close. The most expensive buy-in of the year has begun, and with it launches the meat that will be...