Tag Archives: competition and markets authority
- UK competition watchdog okays Stars Group, Sky Bet union
October 11, 2018
The UK's Competition and Markets Authority approves The Stars Group's $4.7b takeover of Sky Betting & Gaming, which names Ian Proctor as its new CEO.
- UK gambling sites told to lift unnecessary withdrawal hurdles
August 29, 2018
UK regulators order gambling sites to lift unnecessary obstacles to customers withdrawing their funds and stop seizing cash from dormant accounts.
- UK competition watchdog probing Stars Group, Sky Bet union
July 12, 2018
The UK's Competition and Markets Authority launches investigation into The Stars Group's $4.7b takeover of Sky Betting & Gaming.
- UK online gambling operators probed for withdrawal roadblocks
March 1, 2018
UK Competition and Markets Authority launches probe of online gambling sites throwing up unfair roadblocks to customers withdrawing funds.
- UK online gambling operators told to revise bonus offers or else
February 1, 2018
The UK's Competition and Markets Authority orders online gambling operators to revise their promotional offers to eliminate unfair practices.
- UK online gambling operators face strict new bonus offer rules
November 21, 2017
UK competition watchdog suggests that online gambling sites will likely face tough new restrictions on their bonus promo offers to customers.
SBOBET exiting UK market while 12Bet pulls sportsbook, leaves casino
September 5, 2014
UK gambling operators face stiff fines for breaching ad codes
January 26, 2018
UK gamblers turn on mobiles, tune out social media marketing
February 28, 2018