Tag Archives: Coalition to Stop Internet Gambling
- Online gambling opponents in US put the squeeze on advertising
April 4, 2018
Several lawmakers in the US are pushing for changes in how online gambling is advertised on websites, complaining that the ads are targeting the youth.
- Jeff Sessions recuses himself from federal online gambling ban talks
June 30, 2017
US Attorney General Jeff Sessions recuses himself from discussion of online gambling ban due to his attorney having lobbied for Adelson's anti-online group.
- Adelson’s anti-online gambling group resurfaces; AGA debuts Rooster Madness
April 19, 2016
Sheldon Adelson's Coalition to Stop Internet Gambling rises from the dead; American Gaming Association website links cockfights, children.
- Ron Paul slams RAWA supporters who shill for “one Las Vegas billionaire”
October 29, 2015
Rep. Jason Chaffetz drums up support for anti-online gambling bill while Ron Paul slams bill as favor for "one Las Vegas billionaire."
- Marco Rubio’s pro-online poker stance prompts pushback from RAWA backers
October 27, 2015
Sen. Marco Rubio says he'd support a poker carveout from a federal online gambling ban, prompting pushback from Sheldon Adelson's minions.
- Pennsylvania bill seeks 14% tax on daily fantasy sports; CSIG goes after Payne
October 20, 2015
Pennsylvania pol proposes 14% tax on daily fantasy sports revenue; Coalition To Stop Internet Gambling ad blitz targets Rep. John Payne.
Pennsylvania becomes fourth US state to approve online gambling
October 26, 2017
Why the DraftKings & FanDuel merger may not go ahead
March 24, 2017
Maine legalizes daily fantasy sports
August 3, 2017
New Jersey formally approves daily fantasy sports
August 25, 2017