Tag Archives: Coalition to Stop Internet Gambling
- Sports betting heroes battle forces of evil at House hearing
September 27, 2018
Sports betting proponents greatly outnumbered by opponents at House of Representatives’ subcommittee hearing into legal wagering.
- Former US senator likens online poker to terrorism
August 23, 2018
Blanche Lincoln compared online poker to terrorism based on the 2017 FBI Internet Crime Report, which provides data on “victim counts” through the Internet.
- Online gambling opponents in US put the squeeze on advertising
April 4, 2018
Several lawmakers in the US are pushing for changes in how online gambling is advertised on websites, complaining that the ads are targeting the youth.
- Jeff Sessions recuses himself from federal online gambling ban talks
June 30, 2017
US Attorney General Jeff Sessions recuses himself from discussion of online gambling ban due to his attorney having lobbied for Adelson's anti-online group.
- Adelson’s anti-online gambling group resurfaces; AGA debuts Rooster Madness
April 19, 2016
Sheldon Adelson's Coalition to Stop Internet Gambling rises from the dead; American Gaming Association website links cockfights, children.
- Ron Paul slams RAWA supporters who shill for “one Las Vegas billionaire”
October 29, 2015
Rep. Jason Chaffetz drums up support for anti-online gambling bill while Ron Paul slams bill as favor for "one Las Vegas billionaire."
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014
Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
January 21, 2018
Just 1.3% of daily fantasy sports players earn 91% of player profits
September 4, 2015
Why the DraftKings & FanDuel merger may not go ahead
March 24, 2017