Tag Archives: CJEU
- EU court spanks Hungary’s online gambling laws … again
February 28, 2018
The Court of Justice for the European Union once again spanks Hungary's online gambling laws as contrary to EU trade rules.
- EU top court slams Hungary’s restrictive online gambling laws
June 22, 2017
European Union's top court says Hungary can't punish online gambling operators because its restrictive gambling laws are incompatible with EU trade rules.
- Gibraltar’s challenge of UK online gambling tax hits EU speed bump
June 13, 2017
The Court of Justice for the European Union rejects Gibraltar's claim that UK's online gambling rules represent illegal extraterritorial taxation.
- CJEU’s Advocate General defends UK gambling law
January 19, 2017
Advocate General of the Court of Justice for the European Union deals blow to Gibraltar's challenge of UK's online gambling rules.
- European Union’s top court says Germany can’t punish online betting operators
February 4, 2016
European Union's top court says Germany can't penalize online betting sites it considers to be operating without a license.
- European Union’s top court says Germany can’t prosecute sports betting operators
October 23, 2015
Advocate general of the European Union's top court issues opinion that Germany can't prosecute unauthorized sports betting operators.
German states approve new federal gambling treaty
March 17, 2017
German uses online casino illegality to avoid paying VISA bill
September 6, 2018