Tag Archives: Cirque du Soleil
- Guy Laliberte Sells Major Stake in Cirque du Soleil; Mitch Garber to Become The New Chairman
April 22, 2015
Laliberte has announced the sale of his majority stake to the private equity firm TPG Capital. Mitch Garber, will become their new chairman.
- One Drop Founder Guy Laliberte Looking to Sell 20-30% of Cirque du Soleil
December 3, 2014
Guy Laliberte is looking to sell 20-30% of his entertainment company, in a bid to breathe new life into limp balance sheets.
- Did High Stakes Poker Players Collude Against Guy Laliberte?
May 9, 2014
According to a recent interview in a Canadian newspaper high stakes poker players collude against Guy Laliberte.
- Poker High Rollers: Separating the Whales from the Sharks
May 5, 2014
Lee Davy sits down with Talal Shakerchi, to see if he can figure out what the difference is between a whale and a shark.
- Cirque du Soleil closure exposes Macau’s difficulty in diversifying beyond gaming
February 9, 2012
Just 3.5 years into a 10-year deal, Sands China and Cirque du Soleil have parted ways, underscoring Macau's difficulties in diversification.
- WSOP’s Big One for One Drop™ Officially Becomes a Bracelet Event
December 6, 2011
In poker news, 22 players committed to historic $1M buy-in poker tourney, july 1, 2012 as part of the 43rd annual WSOP in Las Vegas.