Tag Archives: censorship
- Court rejects Quebec’s online gambling domain blocking plan
July 24, 2018
A Quebec court rejects province's controversial plan to block the domains of international gambling operators to boost fortunes of Loto Quebec site.
- Poland seeks data on citizens’ attempts to access forbidden sites
July 17, 2018
The Polish government plans to compel internet service providers to fork over data regarding citizens' attempts to access forbidden websites.
- Swedish internet service provider sounds alarm over gambling IP-blocking plans
January 25, 2016
Leading Swedish internet service provider Bahnhof sounds alarm over government plans to IP-block gambling sites not holding Swedish license.
- Sky to block gambling sites by default; Sky Bet re-ups Football League sponsorship
December 23, 2015
UK broadband provider Sky says it will block 'adult' content -- including gambling sites -- by default in 2016; Sky Bet re-ups with EFL.
- Will UK’s proposed online porn filters be extended to include gambling?
July 23, 2013
UK Prime Minister David Cameron's proposal to require internet service providers to install online porn filters grow to include gambling?
- GREAT MOMENTS IN CENSORSHIP: China blocks virtual private networks
December 28, 2012
China upgrades Great Firewall by blocking usage of virtual private networks and proposes requiring internet users to log in with real names.
Russia blocks Google over online gambling redirect
June 23, 2017
China extends ‘great firewall’ to block crypto websites
February 6, 2018
China adds more digital bricks to its ‘great firewall’
July 11, 2017
China reports first conviction under new VPN crackdown
September 6, 2017