Tag Archives: cardroom
- California cardrooms protest plan to change player-banked rules
6 December 2019
California cardrooms trade group pushes back against state's proposal to toughen rules regarding so-called 'player-banked' card games.
- Hawaiian Gardens reaches $3.1m settlement for lying to California
California's Attorney General announces $3.1m settlement with Hawaiian Gardens Casino for Bank Secrecy Act violations, lying to gambling regulators.
- California tribes unite for legal sports betting ballot initiative
14 November 2019
A group of 18 California tribal gaming operators unite on effort to get sports betting initiative on the November 2020 election ballot.
- California gaming tribes vow to appeal cardroom ruling
20 June 2019
California tribal gaming operators vow to appeal federal court ruling dismissing their lawsuit v. state for allowing 'player-banked' games at cardrooms.
- Larry Flynt buys Normandie Casino; card rooms dodge house-banked bullet
7 July 2016
Larry Flynt buys California's Normandie Casino; tribal casinos angry at ruling allowing card rooms to keep offering 'house-banked' games.
- California defers Casino M8trix license vote to ponder skimming allegations
30 May 2014
California regulators postpone vote on renewing Casino M8trix gaming license to consider skimming allegations against owners.
Judge nixes California tribe’s shot at opening online casino
10 August 2018