Tag Archives: California
- Penn National Gaming severs ties with California tribal casino
March 2, 2018
Penn National Gaming severs ties with Hollywood Casino Jamul-San Diego after the Jamul Tribe failed to honor its financial commitments.
- Card Player Poker Tour to make 6th appearance at Ocean’s 11
The sixth installment of the Card Player Poker Tour San Diego Classic at the Ocean’s 11 casino in California is right around the corner.
- Sorry, Californians, no (legal) online poker for you
February 16, 2018
It appears the struggle to bring legalized online gambling to California is over, and lawmakers won't be reviving the subject anytime soon.
- Another California card room fined millions for AML lapses
November 21, 2017
Federal watchdogs impose $8m penalty on Artichoke Joe's Casino in San Bruno, California, for shoddy anti-money laundering practices.
- Larry Flynt loses bid to overturn California casino ownership law
October 31, 2017
Larry Flynt and Kelegian family loses their bid to overturn California law barring cardroom owners from investing in out-of-state casinos.
- California cardroom’s illegal betting ringleader pleads guilty
August 30, 2017
The ringleader of an illegal online credit betting operation being run out of the Lucky Lady Casino & Card Room pleads guilty to racketeering.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017