Tag Archives: California
- Another California card room fined millions for AML lapses
November 21, 2017
Federal watchdogs impose $8m penalty on Artichoke Joe's Casino in San Bruno, California, for shoddy anti-money laundering practices.
- Larry Flynt loses bid to overturn California casino ownership law
October 31, 2017
Larry Flynt and Kelegian family loses their bid to overturn California law barring cardroom owners from investing in out-of-state casinos.
- California cardroom’s illegal betting ringleader pleads guilty
August 30, 2017
The ringleader of an illegal online credit betting operation being run out of the Lucky Lady Casino & Card Room pleads guilty to racketeering.
- Nektan takes first mobile bet in California
August 10, 2017
Nektan has taken its first real-money wager in the US following the launch of its Evolve in-venue mobile games solution with a tribal casino in California.
- Man sues California Lottery for selling his son $5m winning ticket
July 22, 2017
A Long Beach resident sues the California Lottery for refusing to honor a $5m winning scratch ticket because it was bought by his 16-year-old son.
- California joins ‘me too’ parade of wannabe sports betting states
July 21, 2017
California assemblyman proposes amending state constitution to permit legal sports betting, provided the US Supreme Court okays New Jersey case.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017