Tag Archives: C-290
- No delay in New Jersey sports bet suit; Tory senators threaten C-290 passage
21 November 2012
A judge rules there will be no delay in New Jersey v. sports leagues case; Tory senators look likely to break with party and vote down C290
- Casinos voice support of C-290, says that it’s “good for business”
13 November 2012
It's no secret that casinos in Ontario, chief being Caesars Windsor, are all in favor of the bill being passed in large part because of the additional revenue stream it could generate for their establishments.
- Canada sports bet law sent to Senate for vote after NHL no-shows at hearing
8 November 2012
Canada's sports betting bill approved for third and final reading in Senate after NHL officials fail to show at committee hearing.
- Saskatchewan online casino referred to RCMP; NHL to hip-check sports bet bill
7 November 2012
Saskatchewan refers Northern Bear tribal online casino to the RCMP; Roberto Luongo's BCLC payday questioned; ALC's GeoSweep debacle
- Senator: Leagues’ fight against Canada sports bets “doesn’t make a lot of sense”
31 October 2012
The NHL to testify against Canada's sports betting law at next Senate committee hearing, but Sen. Runciman says argument doesn't make sense.
- Major League Baseball’s last-minute bid to kill Canadian sports betting legislation
25 October 2012
Representatives of Major League Baseball testify before Canadian Senate committee against passage of single-game sports betting bill.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
15 November 2017
Betting odds supplier Don Best warns of malware data breach
11 February 2019