Tag Archives: Bulgaria
- Bulgaria’s new private lottery ban forces Lafka retail chain to close
24 February 2020
Bulgaria's new law banning private lotteries takes effect, prompting retail kiosk chain Lafka Market to close, claiming its operations no longer profitable.
- Bulgaria’s gambling regulators face organized crime charges
11 February 2020
Two former members of Bulgaria's State Commission on Gambling face organized crime charges in relation to fugitive gambling boss Vasil Bozhkov.
- Bulgaria okays private lottery ban, regulator issues tax warning
7 February 2020
Bulgaria's parliament approves bill to ban private lotteries, while gambling regulator warns licensees about consequences of paying full tax owed.
- Bulgaria rejigs gambling regulator as Bozhkov arrested in UAE
3 February 2020
Bulgaria appoints new chairman and four new directors of gambling regulatory body; Vasil Bozhkov arrested in UAE after last week's indictment.
- Bulgaria charges gambling titan Bozhkov with extortion, bribery
29 January 2020
Bulgaria files charges of extortion, bribery and incitement to commit criminal offences against Vasil Bozhkov, the country's largest private gambling operator.
- CalvinAyre.com’s most read business stories of 2019
26 December 2019
Here’s a look back at the top five business stories that got the most attention from you, our readers, in 2019.
Bet365 annual revenue tops £2.2b, profit jumps to £504m
7 November 2017
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
30 March 2017