Tag Archives: british horseracing authority
- UK racing panics as Levy funding comes up £17m short
May 17, 2019
The UK racing industry panics on word that the annual Levy handout from betting will come in £17m below forecasts, resulting in £5m budget hole.
- British racing resumes Wednesday on ‘risk-managed’ basis
February 12, 2019
British Horseracing Authority says British racing will resume Wednesday on a 'risk-managed' basis following further equine influenza screening.
- All British racing shut down after equine influenza outbreak
February 7, 2019
British Horseracing Authority orders shutdown of all racing following equine influenza outbreak, won't re-open until at least February 13.
- UK racing levy plans hit speed bump as parliamentarians object
November 24, 2018
UK government's plans to replace the Horserace Levy Betting Board with a new Racing Authority are challenged by MPs in contentious committee hearing.
- UK racing making out like bandits under new betting Levy scheme
June 8, 2018
British Horseracing Authority says new betting levy scheme will earn racing up to £95m in current fiscal year, £40m higher than just two years ago.
- UK racing urges gov’t to rethink drastic FOBT stake cut
January 23, 2018
The British Horseracing Authority joins the chorus of voices urging the government not to cut maximum stakes on fixed-odds betting terminals to £2.
UK media has problem with UK problem gambling stats
August 25, 2017
A lower maximum at FOBT terminals will not stop gambling addiction
November 7, 2017