Tag Archives: british horseracing authority
- UK racing levy plans hit speed bump as parliamentarians object
November 24, 2018
UK government's plans to replace the Horserace Levy Betting Board with a new Racing Authority are challenged by MPs in contentious committee hearing.
- UK racing making out like bandits under new betting Levy scheme
June 8, 2018
British Horseracing Authority says new betting levy scheme will earn racing up to £95m in current fiscal year, £40m higher than just two years ago.
- UK racing urges gov’t to rethink drastic FOBT stake cut
January 23, 2018
The British Horseracing Authority joins the chorus of voices urging the government not to cut maximum stakes on fixed-odds betting terminals to £2.
- Frustrated Fred Done says Betfred is done with UK racing
September 21, 2017
Fred Done says Betfred will scrap nearly all its UK racing sponsorships and close all but two of its on-course betting shops when Tote deal expires in 2018.
- European Commission approves UK uniform race betting levy
April 24, 2017
The European Commission rules that the UK's plan to impose a uniform race betting levy doesn't constitute illegal state aid under European Union rules.
- UK gov’t confirms new 10% race betting levy
January 14, 2017
The UK government confirms that all bookmakers will be required to kick back 10% of race betting revenue to racing effective April 2017.
Ireland’s top amateur sports body bans all betting sponsorship
February 24, 2018
Irish court rules all gambling debts are unenforceable
March 20, 2017
Lottoland disrupting lottery monopolies in Germany, Ireland
March 16, 2017