Tag Archives: betting tax
- Aussie pol wants tax on betting turnover; pokies lobby, AGA team on anti-online fight
November 5, 2015
Australian senator seeks 0.05% tax on betting turnover; Clubs Australia teams with American Gaming Association for anti-online fight.
- Bulgaria approves threefold reduction in online gambling tax
December 5, 2013
Bulgaria's parliament approves threefold reduction in online gambling tax rates to encourage more operators to seek Bulgarian licenses.
- Japanese court rules bettor’s losing wagers are legitimate business expense
May 24, 2013
Tokyo police bust illegal online gambling operation; Osaka court rules that horse bettor's losing wagers are legitimate business expense.
- Irish tax scheme would have punters pay 2% on horse winnings
September 24, 2010
Ireland's Dept. of Finance reveal they are contemplating introducing a 2% tax on horse bettors' winnings as part of their revamp of the betting tax.
- Why bookies are telebetting abroad: a quick guide
July 27, 2010
With William Hill becoming the latest operator to take its telebetting business abroad, here's a 30-second guide to explain why
- Paddy Power calls for higher betting tax increase
June 2, 2010
Paddy Power has called on the Irish government to increase tax on on-course, internet and tote betting to plug the gap in funding for horseracing
Paddypower: Making Mischief Work
August 23, 2013
Paddy Power under fire over ‘always bet on black’ tweet
August 25, 2017
Ad watchdog sees red over Paddy Power’s ‘always bet on black’
September 20, 2017