Tag Archives: betting tax
- Aussie pol wants tax on betting turnover; pokies lobby, AGA team on anti-online fight
November 5, 2015
Australian senator seeks 0.05% tax on betting turnover; Clubs Australia teams with American Gaming Association for anti-online fight.
- Bulgaria approves threefold reduction in online gambling tax
December 5, 2013
Bulgaria's parliament approves threefold reduction in online gambling tax rates to encourage more operators to seek Bulgarian licenses.
- Japanese court rules bettor’s losing wagers are legitimate business expense
May 24, 2013
Tokyo police bust illegal online gambling operation; Osaka court rules that horse bettor's losing wagers are legitimate business expense.
- Irish tax scheme would have punters pay 2% on horse winnings
September 24, 2010
Ireland's Dept. of Finance reveal they are contemplating introducing a 2% tax on horse bettors' winnings as part of their revamp of the betting tax.
- Why bookies are telebetting abroad: a quick guide
July 27, 2010
With William Hill becoming the latest operator to take its telebetting business abroad, here's a 30-second guide to explain why
- Paddy Power calls for higher betting tax increase
June 2, 2010
Paddy Power has called on the Irish government to increase tax on on-course, internet and tote betting to plug the gap in funding for horseracing
Paddypower: Making Mischief Work
August 23, 2013
Betfair goes full Grinch, exits Canada
December 24, 2015
Paddy Power under fire over ‘always bet on black’ tweet
August 25, 2017