Tag Archives: betting shops
- UK betting shop self-exclusion program proving effective
March 29, 2017
The UK's GambleAware charity says betting shops' new self-exclusion program is proving effective at deterring problem gamblers.
- Boylesports buys Hacketts betting shops, Betfred named Lads-Coral frontrunner
July 12, 2016
Boylesports acquires four betting shops from bankrupt Irish rival Hacketts; Betfred frontrunner to buy hundreds of Ladbrokes-Coral shops
- Fixed-odds betting terminals take a beating in Responsible Gambling Trust studies
May 26, 2016
New detailed studies shows that fixed-odds betting terminals are popular with problem gamblers, ethnic minorities and the unemployed.
- UK gov’t rejects bid to reduce maximum stake on fixed-odds betting terminals
July 16, 2015
The UK government rejects bid by group of 93 local councils to reduce maximum stake on fixed-odds betting terminals from £100 to £2.
- Ladbrokes to close another 50 betting shops
February 22, 2015
UK bookie Ladbrokes plans to announce the closure of another 50 betting shops when it unveils its 2014 earnings on Thursday.
- UK bookies launch ‘Bad Betty’ responsible gambling TV campaign
January 21, 2015
UK bookmakers' Senet Group launch 'Bad Betty' responsible gambling TV adverts; UK gov't urged to publish gambling advertising review.
UK media has problem with UK problem gambling stats
August 25, 2017
A lower maximum at FOBT terminals will not stop gambling addiction
November 7, 2017