Tag Archives: Bahamas
- Stalled Baha Mar casino project offered new hope as contractor returns
30 September 2015
The stalled $3.5b Baha Mar resort casino project gets new hope after contractor return to work site for first time since work was halted.
- Baha Mar Ltd given two-month window to find cash to finish Bahamas casino project
10 September 2015
Bahamas Supreme Court gives Baha Mar Ltd two months to arrange new financing, appoints provisional liquidators to preserve project assets.
- Baha Mar restructuring plan gives finger to Chinese contractor
29 August 2015
Baha Mar Ltd files restructuring plan with Delaware bankruptcy court, seeking to void contract with (and all claims by) Chinese contractor.
- Rosewood hotel group had enough of Baha Mar’s “failure to perform”
25 August 2015
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts file papers to terminate deal with troubled Baha Mar resort, saying its brand is being "diminished and tarnished."
- Judge says Bahamas need not recognize Baha Mar’s US bankruptcy protection
23 July 2015
A judge says the Bahamian government need not recognize the US bankruptcy filing of the developer of the troubled Baha Mar resort casino.
- Bahamas seeks to wrest control of Baha Mar casino project from developer
21 July 2015
The Bahamas government takes steps to wrest control of troubled Baha Mar resort casino project from developer Baha Mar Ltd.
Two Baha Mar execs turfed after Colombian hooker arrests
27 February 2018
Baha Mar ownership confirmed, William Hill sportsbook launches
6 December 2017
Baha Mar preps new marketing campaign; ownership unresolved
3 November 2017