Tag Archives: Bahamas
- Baha Mar claims 50% occupancy as lounge chair lawsuit drags on
20 July 2017
Baha Mar resort casino in the Bahamas hits 50% occupancy since April soft opening; contractor's lawsuit over undelivered lounge chairs heats up.
- Baha Mar faces further delays due to undelivered lounge chairs
5 July 2017
Chinese contractor tasked with finishing the $4.2b Baha Mar integrated resort warns that it may miss completion deadline due to undelivered lounge chairs.
- Ex-developer threatens legal action to halt Baha Mar sale
28 June 2017
BMD Holdings Ltd. is asking the government of Bahamas to impose a moratorium on the final sale of the casino resort to Chow Tai Fook Enterprises (CTFE).
- Bahamas election results could spell more trouble for Baha Mar
12 May 2017
Bahamian voters elect new government whose leader has pledged to reconsider the sale of the $4.2b Baha Mar resort casino to Chow Tai Fook Enterprises.
- Baha Mar sale includes tax holiday, gov’t marketing spend
1 May 2017
Bahamian gov't releases details of the sale of Baha Mar resort to Chow Tai Fook Enterprises, including gaming taxes, VAT exemptions and marketing budgets.
- Baha Mar finally opens doors but not without one last controversy
22 April 2017
Baha Mar, the troubled $4.2b integrated resort casino in the Bahamas, finally has its soft opening, although it won't accept paying guests until May 29.
Two Baha Mar execs turfed after Colombian hooker arrests
27 February 2018
Baha Mar ownership confirmed, William Hill sportsbook launches
6 December 2017
Baha Mar preps new marketing campaign; ownership unresolved
3 November 2017