Tag Archives: Australian Football League
- The AFL governing body puts its full weight behind esports interest
July 6, 2017
The AFL governing body has given the green light for the league and its representatives to bury their head deep into the bosom of esports.
- SportsBet snags AFL sponsorship deal with Seven West Media
January 18, 2017
Online sports betting operator Sportsbet inks sponsorship deal for Seven West Media's Australian Football League broadcasts.
- Betting firms’ sponsorship of top European football rises 180% in one year
March 25, 2016
Sportsbet sponsor AFL's Brisbane Lions; Repucom study shows 180% rise in betting firms' jersey sponsorship of top European football leagues.
- AFL club rejects sports betting deal, keeps poker machines
February 18, 2016
AFL club Richmond becomes the seventh Victorian club that traded a bookmaker sponsorship for a responsible gambling commercial hook-up.
- Australian sports leagues support lifting online in-play betting ban
December 1, 2015
The Coalition of Major Professional and Participation Sports urges Australian gov't to lift prohibition of online in-play sports betting.
- AFL clubs sign up to responsible gambling charter
October 12, 2015
More Australian Football League clubs are signing up to a charter to end sponsorship and fundraising tied to gambling.
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016