Tag Archives: Australian Communications and Media Authority
- Aussie watchdog claims victory in war with int’l gambling sites
November 2, 2018
The Australian Communications and Media Authority claims that it's winning the war against unauthorized online gambling operators.
- Aussie gambling ad spend rises; ISPs to block int’l gambling sites
October 15, 2018
Australia's gambling advertising spending up more than one-quarter in 2018; local ISPs to help government block access to int'l gambling sites.
- Australia bans gambling ads during online live sports broadcasts
August 31, 2018
Gambling advertisements are to no longer be allowed for live sports streamed online from between 5 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. in Australia.
- Australia cracking down on .cc online gambling domains
July 18, 2018
Australia's telecom watchdog investigating whether gambling sites using .cc domains are violating amended Interactive Gambling Act.
- Australia’s new gambling ad rules to extend to online streaming
April 12, 2018
Australia's media watchdog starts consultation on extending ban on gambling advertising during live sports events to live streaming services.
- Gambling ad ban coming soon to Australian live sports broadcasts
March 16, 2018
Televised live sporting matches in Australia will have less commercials by the end of the month as the “siren to siren” ban on gambling ads take effect.
Australian online bookie Neds launch Bitcoin betting platform
February 2, 2018
Online bookmaker Pinnacle cuts off Australian customers
March 12, 2018