Tag Archives: 2018 fifa world cup
- China claims major World Cup Bitcoin betting bust
July 11, 2018
Authorities in China's Guangdong province claim to have dismantled an online betting ring that handled over $1.5b in Bitcoin-based World Cup wagers.
- India arrests bookmaker who tried to run over police inspector
July 10, 2018
India police arrest notorious bookmaker Shyam Bohra after he attempts to run over a police sub-inspector, find politicians' names among his betting records.
- China, Vietnam add to World Cup sports betting scalps
July 9, 2018
Chinese authorities break up online sports betting operation that handled $48m worth of World Cup wagers; Vietnam bust fourth World Cup online betting ring.
- French bettors setting World Cup wagering records
July 5, 2018
French sports bettors wager €363m on 2018 FIFA World Cup group stage matches, €73m more than was bet on the entire 2014 World Cup.
- Asian World Cup betting arrest tourney reaches the quarters
The pace of Asian police arrests of World Cup bookies and bettors nearing fever pitch as the tournament reaches the quarter-finals.
- China’s sports lottery World Cup sales could top $7.5b
July 3, 2018
China's sports lottery sales over the first two weeks of the 2018 FIFA World Cup nearly double the 2014 tally, and full tourney sales could hit $7.5b.
BTC China extends bitcoin withdrawal freeze into March
February 17, 2017
AGTech inks online lottery deal with China’s Alipay
March 24, 2017