CalvinAyre.com says – The Kahnawake Gaming Commission offers a 0% tax rate and a reasonable licensing fee. This low barrier of entry and no market restriction combined with a state of the art infrastructure and strong local talent pool make the Kahnawake gaming license a popular choice for gambling companies.
Kahnawake has been licensing and regulating iGaming for the past 11 years and is now one of the leading authorities in the world of iGaming. The Commission is situated within the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake inside Canadian borders and is nearest to the Quebec City of Montreal.
When licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission firms must be hosted at Mohawk Internet Technologies, which is a data centre located within the territory and managed by Continent 8 Technologies. Companies will be attracted to the region by the non-existence of any tax and a reasonable license fee. The vast array of bandwidth that is available to firms is also an advantage and there is also no restriction on where you can take wagers. It means that you can operate in the world’s most lucrative locations and know that the Commission will be behind you.
Security is also a big part of the attraction of this jurisdiction and they have a number of schemes in place to make sure sites they license are very secure.
Type of Company Entity Available for iGaming Firms:
Corporations or partnerships established in any recognized jurisdiction
Corporation Tax Rate:
Additional Gaming Tax Rate:
Minimum Share Capital for an iGaming Company:
None. Each application assessed on merits
Security Requirements/Indemnity for Players Deposits:
Take a variety of forms and are adjusted according to circumstances
- US$15,000.00 to cover the costs of the KGC’s Due Diligence investigations of the applicant company, its principals and Key-Person (which is non-refundable)
- US$10,000.00 first year’s annual licensing fee (refundable in case the license is not being granted)
- US$5,000.00 Key Person License Application Fee
- US$3,500.00 (approximately) is the cost of KGC reviewing the Control System Submission.
- US$20,000.00 to US$25,000.00 processing fees for the preparation of a license application which factors in between 45-75 hours of our time to prepare, submit the application and see it through to issuance. This is an estimation and would vary depending on what the client was seeking to achieve. If we have a better idea about the client’s business idea and plan and their requirements we will be able to provide a firmer estimate. Also, the estimate will be at the lower end of the spectrum if the client is able to co-operate in providing us with the information/documentation (financials, due diligence and internal controls information/documentation) we require.
- US$1,900.00 for opening Bank Account; US$1,500.00 for opening Merchant Account
Initial license is for six months. After this they can issue one for a maximum of two years. Licenses must be renewed every four years with an unlimited amount of renewals permitted.
Do Local Banks Process Online Gaming Transactions:
Bandwidth Type Available:
Mohawk Internet Technologies has a number of agreements in place with Global Tier 1 upstream transit providers situated in Montreal. Multiple Internet connections, from OC-48 to 10 GigE, can be provided.
In addition, Mohawk Internet Technologies interconnects into private peering networks (layer 2 networks interconnecting content providers and distribution networks over Ethernet). A SONET self-healing network ring provides OC-192 connectivity from Montreal to the Kahnawake data centre using multiple carriers on diverse paths. Network access is provided to customers from a redundant pair of Juniper core routers, and multiple Cisco distribution routers. Mohawk Internet Technologies put in place a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation solution based on the Cisco Guards technology to protect its customers against DDoS attacks. The company also has the overhead bandwidth necessary to counteract undesirable attacks.
Software Testing Requirements:
Control System Submission must be provided with application. Risk analysis performed on RNG and other key components of the applicant’s control system.
Reporting Requirements to the iGaming Regulators and/or Financial Regulator:
Continuous compliance designed and implemented during the initial six month period. Requirements may vary according to circumstances.
Anti-Money Laundering Policy for iGaming Firms:
Set out in regulations. Currency Transaction Reports required for transactions over US$10,000. In addition they can request the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports for a variety of specific situations.
Restrictions on Jurisdictions from which you can take Wagers:
Contact Details of Government Department or Regulator:
Address: Kahnawake Gaming Commission,
P.O. Box 1799,
Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake, Canada