Poker fan and Italian, Mr Salvador Jorge, celebrates scooping a massive £33,661 win whilst playing the Bad Beat Poker Jackpot at London’s Empire Casino this month. The Bad Beat Jackpot was launched at the Empire Casino in February 2010 and can be won by anyone playing in a dealer dealt Texas Hold’em cash game. The jackpot is won if your losing hand is four twos or better at showdown.
The jackpot was shared between eight players around the table. Mr Jorge, the jackpot winner, scooped his £33,661 win and second prize was taken by Mr Peter Invasco who took home £16,830. The remaining six players at the table claimed equal share of £2,806. Meaning a grand total of over £67,000 in winnings.
Button seat 6.
All players except seat 7 is dealt into the hand.
Big blind only seat 8 & seat 9 straddles.
Seat 1 raises £20, seat 4 calls, seat 5 raises £100 seat 9 & 1 call.
3 players see the flop.
FLOP : Kd 5d Ah
Seat 9 & 1 both check. Seat 5 bets all-in for £150. Both Seat 9 & 1 call.
Both seat 9 and 1 check.
Seat 9 bets All-in seat 1 folds.
Seat 9 Shows Kc Ks
Seat 5 Shows Ad Ac
Losing Hand King clubs King spades (BAD BEAT WINNER) 50% £33,661.50 Winning Hand Ace Diamonds Ace Clubs 25% £16,830. 6 remaining players who dealt in the hand 25%/6 £2805
Owned by Caesars Entertainment EMEA, the Empire Casino in the heart of Leicester Square is one of the few UK casinos with a legitimate Vegas connection. Caesars Entertainment EMEA takes great pride in offering its customers the best in gaming that the industry has to offer.
Chris Green, Venue Director at the Empire Casino, says “The Bad Beat jackpot has created a lot of buzz in our Poker Room over the last few weeks, we’ve all been waiting with great anticipation for someone to strike it lucky. The Empire Casino’s poker credentials are second to none, thanks to its unique association with the World Series of Poker Tournament we attract gamers from the four corners of the globe.”
The Bad Beat Jackpot is situated in the casinos newly re-furbished Empire Poker Room which is with haste securing its place as the pre-eminent poker room in London. The next jackpot is already starting to mount up again ready for the next winner; a game that has rewarded players with over £1,200,000 since 2010, with the biggest three jackpots won to date standing at £222,335, £128,705 and £118,421.
Caesars Entertainment – Inspiring Grown Ups to Play
For additional press information, interviews or photography please contact:
Katie Inglis: M: 07887952994 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
Caesars Entertainment EMEA is committed to being a leader in social responsibility, focusing on employees, customers and the communities in which the business operates. As such, it works with a number of charitable organisations which give something back to the local community:
– SportsAid – helping young athletes by giving them recognition and financial support during the critical formative years of their careers
– CHIPS – the charity of the casino and gaming industry, providing powered wheelchairs for disabled youngsters
– Gordon Moody Association – the charity offers a unique and intensive residential treatment programme in the UK for those gamblers most severely addicted
It also lends support at charitable fundraising events locally, encouraging and supporting employees in multiple diverse charitable endeavours. For more information, please visit site.
About Caesars Entertainment EMEA
• Caesars Entertainment EMEA is part of Caesars Entertainment Corporation, one of the world’s largest casino entertainment companies and best known for properties such as Caesars Palace, Planet Hollywood and Harrah’s
• Caesars Entertainment EMEA operates under a number of brand names throughout the UK, Middle East and South Africa including the iconic Playboy Club London in Mayfair, The Empire Casino, The Sportsman, Rendezvous Brighton, Rendezvous Southend, Manchester235, Alea Nottingham and Alea Glasgow
• Gaming available at the properties includes American Roulette, Blackjack, Three Card Poker, Punto Banco (Baccarat), electronic gaming and slot machines. Caesars Entertainment EMEA is focused on offering great value and service to its customers through the Player Rewards loyalty programme inspired by Caesars Total Rewards
• Caesars Entertainment EMEA has a number of top restaurants and bars in its properties, thanks to partnerships with respected brands which enhance the overall offering including The Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and Grill restaurant in Nottingham, The Carlsberg Bar at The Empire Casino, The James Martin Manchester restaurant in Manchester235 and Tony Singh’s Tasty at Alea Glasgow
• Caesars Entertainment EMEA is passionate about delivering exceptional gaming entertainment and great customer service, inspiring grown-ups to play throughout the world