Gala Coral & Sky Betting & Gaming dominated the eGR Operator Awards in London with seven gongs between them, including Operator of the Year for Gala Coral.
Gala Coral executives set aside their merger worries for a solitary night as 600 of the creme de la creme of the online egaming industry met in the Honourable Artillery Company Gardens in London for the annual eGR Operator Awards. Canadian comedienne Katherine Ryan was the host.
As 96% of Ladbrokes shareholders backed the £2.3 billion all-share deal to merge with Gala Coral, the online gambling outfit was picking up the top gong of the evening: the eGR Operator of the Year award. Their subsidiary Gala Bingo also received two awards: Bingo Operator and Mobile Bingo Product. Last years, Operator of the Year William Hill took the gongs for In-Play Operator and In-House Product for their Priority Access Card.
It was also a sterling evening for the top brass at Sky Betting & Gaming. They picked up four awards: Mobile Operator, Mobile Sports Product, Horse Race Betting Operator and Mobile Poker Product.
Amaya Gaming’s PokerStars picked up the award for Poker Operator of the Year. It’s the second consecutive year the online giant has had to find room on the mantelpiece for that little gem.
“Winning the ‘Poker Operator of the Year’ award is a strong endorsement of our poker offering and a testament to the engaged and passionate PokerStars employees who dedicate themselves to delivering a high-quality, safe, and secure online poker experience,” said Eric Hollreiser, Vice President of Corporate Communications for Amaya. “We’re working hard to grow and build poker to ensure that we earn this award every year.”
Amaya and their subsidiaries received six different nominations but were only successful in the Poker Operator of the Year category.
Here is the full rundown of winners:
• Operator of the Year – Gala Coral Interactive
• Sports Betting Operator – Bet365 (Sky Bet was highly commended)
• Social Operator – Bet365 (Akamon was highly commended)
• Casino Operator – Paddy Power
• Mobile Sports Product – Sky Bet
• Alternative Operator – Lottoland
• Marketing Campaign – Casumo
• Mobile Operator – Sky Betting & Gaming (mFortune highly commended)
• Rising Star – Lottoland
• Mobile Poker Product – Sky Poker
• Game of The Year – Spinata Grande (NetEnt)
• Mobile Bingo Product – Gala Bingo (Tombola highly commended)
• Affiliate of the Year – Betting Expert (Oddschecker highly commended)
• In-Play Sports Operator – William Hill
• Slots Operator – LeoVegas (Paddy Power highly commended)
• Sports Affiliate – Oddschecker (Bettingpro highly commended)
• In-House Product – William Hill (Mecca Bingo highly commended)
• Customer Services Operator – Tombola
• Bingo Operator – Gala Bingo (Jackpotjoy Intertain highly commended)
• Mobile Casino Product – Casumo
• Socially Responsible Operator – Tombola (Unibet highly commended)
• Financial Betting Operator – Binary.com
• Affiliate Programme – LeoVegas
• Horse Race Betting Operator – Sky Bet
• Poker Operator – PokerStars
• Bingo Affiliate – WhichBingo