LAS VEGAS (June 21, 2011) – The 42nd annual World Series of Poker (WSOP) Presented by Jack Links Beef Jerky at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino is past the halfway point and here is a look at some of the statistics from the tournament, through Event #29.
- The 2011 WSOP has awarded $52,506,260 through 29 events.
- The 2011 WSOP has seen 29,421 participants through 29 events.
- The list of 2011 WSOP bracelet winners can be found HERE.
Is Age Just a Number, or does it have a direct correlation to who is winning the most?
- Average Age of Entrants: 36.17
- Average Age of Cashers: 34.9
- Average Age of Final Tables: 33.92
- Average Age of Winners: 28.82
Location, location, location!
- # of countries entered: 74
- # of countries to cash: 62
- # of U.S. states entered: 50
- # of Canadian provinces entered: 10
- For a list of World Rankings, including leading money winners by country, please click HERE.
Only 946 of 29,421 entrants have been female – or 3.2%
- Thus, the men represent 96.8% of all participants to date.
- Of the 29 WSOP gold bracelets awarded, no one has won more than one.
- The current leader of the WSOP Player of the Year race is Phil Hellmuth (as of 6/21/2011).
- The leaderboard for the WSOP Player of the Year can be found HERE.
The WSOP will publish similar statistics for the WSOP Main Event in mid-July and following the conclusion of the 42nd Annual World Series of Poker, we will publish overall statistics similar to the above.
# # #
ABOUT THE WSOP
The World Series of Poker (WSOP) is the largest, richest and most prestigious gaming event in the world awarding millions of dollars in prize money and the prestigious gold bracelet, globally recognized as the sport’s top prize. Featuring a comprehensive slate of tournaments in every major poker variation, the WSOP is poker’s longest running tournament in the world, dating back to 1970. In 2010, the event attracted 72,966 entrants from 117 different countries to the Rio in Las Vegas and awarded over $187 million in prize money. For more information on the World Series of Poker, please visit www.WSOP.com.