BUSINESS

Environmental groups rejecting Green Bet’s tainted money?

TAGs: GreenBet, greenpeace

Green-Bet-EnvironmentOn the surface, Green Bet’s concept — invest 70% of the profits generated by its online gambling site in select ‘green’ projects, and donate the remaining 30% to green-friendly charities — sounds like a no-brainer win/win scenario for people looking to do something about the environment. But the Green Party and groups like Greenpeace and Friends of the Earth have reportedly declined to accept Green Bet’s ‘tainted’ money.

You know, it’s this sort of brain-dead, holier than thou hypocrisy that keeps the environment in such shitty condition. Never mind the source – take the money and put it to work, for fuck’s sake. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Follow the example of Winston Churchill, who had been one of the world’s harshest critics of communism, yet when Hitler invaded Russia in 1941, Churchill immediately pledged to aid Stalin in whatever way Britain could. When his critics tried to make it seem like Churchill was going against his own principles, Churchill replied “If Hitler invaded hell, I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.” Testify, Winnie… Read more.

Comments

views and opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of CalvinAyre.com